The Vocal Vaper

The Vocal Vaper
Via

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Vocal Vaper-The Vapor 4 Life Forum

V4L Website and Inventory
 My new year’s resolution was to switch to e-cigs and find the perfect vendor. After looking at ten to fifteen e-cig retailers, all offering a generic “white ash-cap battery” and a limited selection of cartomizers, I finally found the Vapor4Life website.
I was thrilled to discover that in addition to the generic ash-caps, V4L offered a variety of style and color choices. I fell in love with the King Diamond and Stealth batteries and the largest selection of cartos, batteries and juices I’d ever seen!
.
Help!
The huge selection confused me (but that happens to me even under normal circumstances) and I needed help with my selections. I decided that I needed the beautiful Gold Camo Stealth. But which type – auto or manual? What is the difference between them? How do they work? Oh, decisions, decisions. Looking for a guide, I began clicking on one tab after another and then I clicked on the “Forum” tab.

“Welcome to the Forum"
I lurked around the V4L forum for a few days, virtually peeking through all the windows and key holes. There were many people with different experiences. I found a really intelligent fellow, with a very scary avatar discussing ohms and mAHs; a really nice lady who seemed to pass out links like they were Easter eggs; a lady who seemed to “like” every comment or post that I liked; a woman who calls her pups “fur-babies”; a fellow with a wonderfully manicured set of fingernails who produces very informative and instructional videos; a lady who makes everyone laugh at her jokes; a lady from Oz, who is not named Dorothy; a fellow in love with his MOD; a very Adept young fellow, and one who Rantz; a couple whose work is restoring books; and a few who live near the Vapor4Life Smokeless Lounge. This large group of interesting folks was made up of people visiting for the first time and asking the same questions I had, along with happy, care-free folks kind and brave enough to say “Welcome to the Forum! I don’t know the answer your question, but someone who knows does will be signing in shortly. Could you stay online for a while?”
After a few days spent lurking, I felt I had to be a part of this group and I needed a hundred more answers to all the questions bouncing around in my head. So I put on my “big girl pants”, joined the forum and bravely posted my first question. I received almost a dozen replies; all sincerely welcoming me to the forum from some of the newest members all the way to one of the forum admins, and almost as many answers to my question, plus a link from the Link-Lady. It turned out that the forum was just as unique as the products that Vapor4Life offers.

My many questions are answered
Some of my questions were pretty easy: “How do you know when you’ve “burnt” a carto?”; and I thought that some of my questions were dumb: “What’s a PM?”; and some of the questions were “OT” (Off Topic). No one seemed to mind answering any of my questions or responding to some of my innate silliness!
I’ve been a member of the forum for a little over two months and have learned the answers to all of my initial questions. The more I learn, the more questions develop, and as a result of my questions I’ve met many new friends – people I really think of as family.

Come join the Vapor4Life forum family
I know it is a little frightening for some folks to hop into a forum or ask questions, but I hope that you will come join the Vapor4Life forum family. I know you will receive the same warm welcome that I did. Ask questions, share your accomplishments, enter a new contest, find out first about new products and inventory. You will meet some of the finest folks that have gathered with one thing in common: We all vape, and we all love the Vapor4Life products! Come join the welcoming forum of fun and information!

5 comments:

  1. I used to think Vapor4life was a great company. As of the past few months I have found myself looking for a new company. All their popular flavors and accessories are $1 (or less) off the reg price while in the meantime, I receive many emails stating I can take 30%, 35% and sometimes 40% off... but it doesnt apply to any of the sale items... and the sale item list keeps growing. So I am loosing out on 30+% and only getting $1 off? We are not stupid people. Their cartomizers have little juice in them. I am looking elsewhere. Sad, I really liked their company :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't leave a contact, Anonymous...I could have helped you find just what you need at really great prices! I SO totally agree with your thoughts! V4L isn't what they once were: a company BY a vaper FOR vapers! I personally haven't purchased anything since they dropped the USA line of juices and I switched to a 510 format.

    I don't vape anything but USA juices: it COULD be my imagination, but it SEEMS that non-USA juices make me cough at night...which I DON'T do when I vape USA juices...secondly, I am enamored with tanks and boge cartos, which, without an adapter, are incomparable with 808s.

    You can chat with 100 vapers and get 100 different recommendations! Just as it was when we were smoking analogs, we develop preferences ! My son and I, even as similar in thought processes as we are, STILL vapes juices I don't think are all that good...and oddly, he thinks the same thing about MY juices!

    V4L has a good "entry-level" set-up...that is where they really SHINE! The pre filled cartos and stick batts are VERY popular with a segment of vapers that do NOT want to "fiddle" with their equipment or bother with filling cartos or tanks! There is NOTHING WRONG in setting up a customer base and making them happy! And, as someone VERY smart told me once on the V4L forum, "you didn't sign a contract to buy ONLY V4L products!" And "is V4L paying your rent?" No, to both statements. As a consumer, I can choose any number of websites to purchase from...

    I share your frustration at the new sales tactics they employ...put the new idea on the shelf with putting a juice on sale, offer a discount, and then send out product that is either within days of "sell by" date, or AFTER "expiration" date, and refuse to accept the return! When I complained, I was sent an email that recommended putting the juice on the "sale or trade" thread in the forum!! That's just what I wanted to do, alienate fellow vapers by passing "bad juice" on to them!! That's a great way to make new friends!! I got into a bunch of "trouble" on the forum for exposing this "company policy"...and was threatened with being "banned" from the forum...interesting how our need to communicate with "friends" overrides our common sense! I continued to drink the cool-aid for several more months until my vaping habits "matured" a little, and I moved on to vendors whose games weren't as obvious...

    Every retailer plays a game of one sort or another...their goal is to sell product! Bottom line is that you can either continue buying from v4l or find a different vendor. There are several other vendors who offer 808s, if you want that...or you can change to the industry standard 510...yes, the "bait" of offering a sale on everything but sale merchandise seems sneaky...but, as my friend said..."you aren't under contract to buy from only V4L"...

    Vote with your cash...buy from a different vendor...and when you find a good one...tell people about your find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your words of wisdom. I wrote anonymously because I feared "hate" responses. I don't like negativity but felt the need to put a voice to my unhappiness with their bad customer service.
    I am a baby in the vaping world. I quit cigarettes a year ago and started with v4l. In the past few months I found a new source for the juice since I found theirs made me cough as well. The taste took on some undesirable change as well (I was unaware they switched from USA liquids). I have 2 other family members that use the 808's and would very much appreciate your input for alternatives for other vendors.
    As far as my liquids, I have been quite satisfied with my purchases from Viking vapors. They offer any mix (vg/pg) and an extraordinary list of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn it!!! I wrote an answer, and it evaporated...probably for the best...I had gotten off on a rant this I probably shouldn't have...but, the GOOD points: I began smoking in 1967, when I was 13...V4L products and ESPECIALLY mr Morandir were instrumental in my success...I have not had an analog since jan 9,2012

    Here is what is in my vape box, and WHY:

    ProVari from provape.com. THE Cadillac of "tube mods" or APVs. Solid, reliable, and will last you for YEARS...this will be one of your "bequeaths" in your will...figure +/- $275 for the complete set up,including PILA charger, batteries and that essential extra year of warranty protection...yes, buy the extra year warranty.

    VISION SPINNER and/or Ego Twist--I have 4 on hand...and I actually use them more often than I use the PROVARI...mostly because I have small, arthritic hands and the ProVari is sometimes too heavy to hold all day....I NEVER buy a KIT unless I am SURE I will use every piece!!! What use is a case if you never use it? Or a pass-thru?? Don't buy junk you won't use...all my life I've bought cigarette cases cuz they were pretty...or on sale...have I ever used one for more than 15 minutes? Not once!,

    Yes, use a 510...not 808...or...back a million years ago, Sony beta max and VHS were at war...Sony beta was smaller format, and some said "better"....but, when you went to the video store to rent a movie...the only format available was VHS...they didn't carry Beta format movies...the same thing goes for 808...-90 % of accessories for our batts are 519...not 808...therefore, if you are using 808, you can't use the ViVis, or the Kangers mt3, etc...you can only buy what uncle Smilin wants to sell you...unless you use an adapter or something...just go with 510...

    I have to run an errand for honey...I will finish this later tonite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, round 2...accessories...one of my HUGE dislikes of a certain 808 battery was always having to "lift the post"...I haven't had to adjust a post since I changed to 510a...oh, and one other thing...a certain owner was photographed at vapecon last year and he wasn't vaping an 808...he had a Darwin and his pal had a GGTS..or vice versa...it's been a year and I can't remember...but I remember thinking if he and his cronies were buying Darwin's and provari batts and NOT stick batts....well...you understand...

    I am a Tankinista...I LOVE tanks! Usually carto tanks...I'm going to be vaping forever, so I get stuff that will last...my favorites:

    Any tank from Phiniac...I've accumulated 4 over the past 18 months...they take a beating, and I'm in love

    Kir Fanis-hard to find...try avidvaper.com. Beautiful designs

    BigDaddy tank and the Slap yomama carto tool ...

    These will last you forever!!

    If your budget is a little more frugal:
    The vivi nova tank-available everywhere
    Kanger mt3 and the t3

    The above are fairly reasonable--from $5-6 to $15. Not only inexpensive, replacement heads last a long time and last and last!!

    I haven't tried Viking...but will check them out...I want a small USA company making my juice...I like options! In no particular order:

    ECBlend.com. USA. Lots and lots of options! You choose pg/VG mix, and can add extra flavor or flavor shots...also has a "blend your own"..less than $14 for 50ml

    Mtbakervapor.com..another USA. LOTS OF OPTIONS! My favorite is "Moo Juice" a strawberry and cream..profits go to breast cancer foundation for moo juice

    My TREAT flavor is Grumpys juice available at sandsmods.com...Grumpys hooch is supposed to be amazing, but I'm hooked in cinnamon Danish swirl!

    None of these juices are over $17 ...and they are delicious!

    Oh! Almost forgot! Cartos! Go to surevape.com! Get the "deal". 5 boxes of boge carts for $23! FREE SHIPPING!!!! Less than a buck a cart!! And I haven't burned one in over a year!

    Always check tasteyourjuice.com! Phil busardo does great reviews!! And ALWAYS check for discount coupons! ECBLEND is always 10020 for 20% off juice. Mt baker vapor is "spin fuel" right now...

    Feel free to aske questions!

    ReplyDelete