The Vocal Vaper

The Vocal Vaper
Via

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Vocal Vaper:My First E-Cig

My First E-Cigs
On January 9th of this year, my son visited me for a coffee and chat. As we were talking, he handed me a disposable e-cigarette that he had purchased at Walgreens and said "Mom, I'd really like you to try this...because I want you to be able to play with your grandchild." Grandchild? I don't have any grandchildren. Then it dawned on me that he was telling me I was going to become a gramma. Oh, the excitement!
It was THAT news started my vaping adventure. I used the BLU eCig that he gave me, and at the time, I was pretty impressed!  The tastea wasn't too awful...not at ALL like my yummy (?) Salem 100s I'd been smoking for 43 years...but not awful...I think the first few days I was suffering "I've got a new gadget to play with!" which made me buy a few more...at $10 a piece!!  Ouch!!  Well I certainly couldn't AFFORD THAT, no matter how badly I wanted to quit!!!
I'd tried "quitting" before...way back when you had to get a prescription for nicorette gum...I got a prescription and bought that gum at RETAIL price...my insurance didn't even pay a dollar toward the RX...my feelings were that the insurance certainly didn't give a flip if you smoked or not, because if they REALLY DID CARE, they would pay portion off the pharmacy costs...If they didn't care, why should I?  Oh, to be in my 30s again, and still believe that I was going to live forever!!  I failed with the gum, failed with the patches,led idled with lemon drop candies, and even failedwith Chantix...three times...the smoking urge was so strong that even KNOWING I was going to throw up, I'd go out and smoke any way...my ex-husband's begging, pleading but mostly THREATENING harangues were useless..."you knew I smoked years here years before we got married...if it bothered you THAT much, y ou SHOULD have said something EARLIER!!  TOO LATE NOW!!!"  My smoking was an issue in our marriage, but not the ONLY issue...
and then ordered a small starter kit that my son recommended, from a mall kiosk. The ‘barebones’ kit came with a charger, battery and two packs of 24mg refill cartomizers. It was expected to arrive in just three days, which I thought was fantastic. I continued using the expensive disposables, and was delighted when my order arrived. The company said that one cart was equal to a pack of analogs, and I was determined to keep my usage down to one cart per day. The instructions said to vape until it tasted like a burnt-marshmallow. Following instructions, I burned every cartomizer.
Re-ordering
When I only had enough supplies to last about a week, I ordered one refill pack to get me through until payday. I believed it would arrive in three to five days as the website stated. I waited, and waited. I pounced on the mailman every day. Each day I would count my dwindling supply of carts, and then seek out the mailman again. On day five I called customer service and got this response "Oh, no Ma'am, we only take orders, we can't help you. You need to send an email and someone will respond in 24 to 48 hours." Oh great, it was 6:00 on a Friday night, and I bet they mean "business hours". I sent my email, not really expecting resolution until Tuesday next week, plus three to five more shipping days! At this point, I was glad that they were only pulling these shenanigans on a small $18 order. I had close to $450 on my "wish list".
Bad Experience
That company never even acknowledged my customer service request. I did finally get that one package of replacement cartomizers. It went into a drawer for emergency use and I have never looked back.
Check back later this week to hear about how I found Vapor4Life. Feel free to comment below, or send me an email about your first experiences with e-cigarettes.
Until next time...happy vaping!
Your Vocal Vaper, Via
Via teaches marker rendering and Norwegian rosemaling. Contact her atViaFreeman@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment